Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME75 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Zucchini, Basil, Onion, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Ricotta Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday, Sporting Event, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut in slices
- 5 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 24 oz.(680g.) ground beef
- 18 oz.(500g.) tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
How to make Zucchini Lasagna directions
Fry onions and meat in a skillet with melted butter over medium heat. Continue cooking until the meat is browned and the onions become tender. Drain any grease from the pan before adding tomatoes, salt, basil, and tomato paste and bringing the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for around 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and egg together.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 pan, and layer with cottage cheese and half of the zucchini. On top, put the meat and remaining zucchini.
Place the pan in the oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Cover with the remainder of the cheese and bake the lasagna for an additional 10 minutes. Let the lasagna sit and cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Zucchini Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!