Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Shitake Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz.(340g.) shitake mushrooms
- 1 oz.(28g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Wild Mushroom Risotto directions
Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan and simmer on low.
In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté chopped mushrooms until tender. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion becomes tender. Add the rice and toast for 2 to 3 minutes. Add warm chicken broth to cover the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth and let the liquid absorb each time, stirring constantly.
Before adding the broth a third time, stir in the mushrooms. Continue to stir the rice until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy and almost tender. Remove from heat. Mix in remaining butter and cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Wild Mushroom Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!