Whole Grain Pasta With Tomatoes and Garlic Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Diet Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Comfort Food
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic
- 1 pound (454g.) whole grain pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
How to make Whole Grain Pasta With Tomatoes and Garlic directions
Boil salted water in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain the pasta.
Sauté garlic in a skillet with olive oil over a medium heat for around 2 minutes. Add green pepper and continue cooking until both the pepper and garlic are tender.
Add tomatoes to the mix and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Put pasta into the skillet before removing from the heat source. Add basil and cheese to the mixture.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Whole Grain Pasta With Tomatoes and Garlic
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!