Venison Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Egg, Pork, Venison, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Parsley, Tomato Sauce, Vegetable Oil
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 1 pound (454g.) ground venison
- 5 oz.(140g.) ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Venison Meatballs directions
Mix ground venison, pork, egg, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup water thoroughly in a large bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into meatballs.
In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat, and cook the meatballs until they are brown on all sides.
In a saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, and sauté onion until it becomes golden brown. Stir the tomato sauce into the mixture and reduce the heat to low. Season to taste with salt. Toss the browned meatballs in the saucepan to coat with sauce.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Venison Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!