Veggie Lasagna With Spinach Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Garlic, Spinach, Onion, Salt, Butter, Milk, Green Bell Pepper, Flour, Vegetable Oil, Red Bell Pepper, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Diet Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 6 oz.(170g.) fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 oz.(170g.) white mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, uncooked and cut in half (9 halves)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Veggie Lasagna With Spinach directions
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, and slowly pour in 1 1/2 cups of milk. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and salt.
Sauté onions, mushrooms, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic in oil until the vegetables become tender. Add spinach and salt, and continue to stir until the spinach wilts. Drain the mixture.
Grease an 8 x 8 inch dish with non-stick spray. Spread sauce evenly on the bottom of the dish, and layer 3 lasagna noodles. Following the lasagna noodles, add half of the vegetables and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process, to create two identical layers. Following these two layers, add the remainder of the noodles, the remainder of the sauce, and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
Cover the dish and bake covered for 35 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the lasagna begins to bubble. Let the dish cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Veggie Lasagna With Spinach
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!