Veggie Lasagna With Mushrooms Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, White Mushroom, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Yellow Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Chanukah, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday
- 7 oz.(196g) white mushrooms, diced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz.(112g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 oz.(336g) ricotta cheese
- 8 oz.(227g) lasagna noodles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 can (28oz. or 800g) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon basil
How to make Veggie Lasagna With Mushrooms directions
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes (or until it they are al dente). Drain the pasta, rinse the noodles with cool water, and then drain the noodles again.
Cook the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and yellow pepper in a skillet with butter over medium heat until the vegetables are soft. Add in canned tomatoes, salt, and sugar. Then, reduce the heat to low and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
Combine egg and ricotta cheese in a separate bowl, and blend until the mixture is smooth in texture. In another bowl, combine cilantro with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). In a 9 x 13 inch dish, spread 1 cup of the sauce followed by 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, 1/3 of the sauce that is left over, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese mixture. Repeat adding the layers until all the ingredients are used up. Once all the ingredients are in the dish, sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of fresh basil.
Place the pan in the oven and bake the lasagna for 60 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 10-15 minutes before serving it.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Veggie Lasagna With Mushrooms
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!