Vegetarian Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Vegetable Oil, Vegetable Broth
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Vegetarian Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low heat.
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Add the rice to coat and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the broth is absorbed. Continue this step, 1/2 cup broth at a time, until the rice is tender and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Vegetarian Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!