Vegetarian Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME75 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Spinach, Basil, Olive Oil, Salt, Oregano, Flour, Egg Yolk
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Picnic
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz.(336g.) fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
How to make Vegetarian Ravioli directions
Boil a pot of salted water. Cook spinach in the pot until tender. Remove the spinach from the pot and let it cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze water out of the spinach and chop it. In a bowl, place the cooked spinach along with garlic, oregano, egg yolk, pepper and basil. Combine the mixture well.
Put flour onto a board along with salt, and mix. Form a well in the flour. Add olive oil and eggs to the flour. Combine and begin adding warm water to the dough as needed. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Create 2 balls with the dough. Cover the dough, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
Roll the dough into a 1/8 inch think sheet on a floured surface. Cut the dough into 3 x 3 inch squares. Place the filling 1 teaspoon at a time into the center of the square. Cover each square with a second piece of ravioli dough and pinch the ends together to seal the ravioli.
Boil the water. Place the ravioli into the water and cook until the dough is tender and the ravioli floats to the surface. Drain the ravioli before serving.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Vegetarian Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!