Vegetable Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, White Mushroom, Zucchini, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Red Onion, Vegetable Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup arborio rice
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 oz.(28g.) parmigiano- regiano cheese, grated
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Vegetable Risotto directions
Heat the vegetable broth in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
Sauté zucchini in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until soft and liquid is evaporated, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the zucchini bowl. Season with salt to taste.
Place the skillet back over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Stir in rice to coat. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup warm broth and reduce heat to a strong simmer. Cook until the broth is absorbed. Add more broth, 1/2 cup at a time, letting it absorb each time. Continue until the rice is firm but tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Mix in cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the vegetable mixture and heat through.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Vegetable Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!