Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME70 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Zucchini, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Salt, Spaghetti Sauce, Parmesan Cheese, Goat Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter
- Seasons: Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 28 oz.(728g) sheep/goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 oz.(900g) tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Vegetable Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190º C).
Cook onion, mushrooms, and zucchini in a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently, and season the mixture with salt. Pour pasta sauce into the saucepan, and bring the sauce to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are al dente. Drain the noodles.
Mix goat or sheep cheese with basil in a mixing bowl.
Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish, and spread 1 cup of the sauce into the bottom of the dish. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce in the pan, followed by 1/3 of the cheese and basil mixture, and 1/3 of the sauce mixture. Repeat this process until all three layers of the lasagna have been laid into the pan. Cover the top layer with parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover, return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Vegetable Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!