Tuna Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Paste, Tuna, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Organic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck
- Holidays: 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Picnic
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 24 oz.(680g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cans (6.5 oz. or 180g. each) tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 24 oz.(680g.) ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz. or 112g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 oz.(280g.) tomato paste
- 24 oz.(680g.) tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Tuna Lasagna directions
Cook onion and garlic in a buttered skillet until they become tender. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil. Increase the heat, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. After simmering, add chopped tune to the mixture.
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 minutes. Drain the pasta.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and evenly cover the bottom of the dish with the sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/4 of the rest of the sauce, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, followed by 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until there are a total of 3 layers. Then, cover the top with 3 more lasagna noodles, the rest of the sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble. Remove the dish and let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tuna Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!