Traditional Tiramisu Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Egg Yolk, Mascarpone Cheese, Ladyfinger, Espresso
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 packages ladyfingers (24 total)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup grated bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon espresso, cooled
- 16 oz. (454g.) mascarpone cheese
How to make Traditional Tiramisu directions
Combine sugar and egg yolks and beat with electric mixer until thick. Add cheese and mix until creamy. Add 1 tablespoon espresso and mix to combine.
Place half of the ladyfingers in the bottom of an 8x8 inch dish. Cut or break apart to form the bottom layer. Pour 1/2 cup of the espresso over the ladyfingers to soak evenly.
Gently spread out half of the cheese/egg mixture over the ladyfingers. Cover with 1/3 cup of the chocolate over this. Place another layer of ladyfingers and pour the remaining espresso over to soak evenly. Cover with remaining cheese/egg filling over and finish with remaining chocolate. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for few hours before serving.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Traditional Tiramisu
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!