Traditional Rice Balls Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Arancini
- Ingredients: Egg, Rice, Olive Oil, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 3 oz.(85g.) mozzarella cheese, cut in cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
How to make Traditional Rice Balls directions
Whisk parmesan cheese and egg together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the mixture and refrigerate.
In a pot, boil salted water and add rice. While stirring frequently, cook the rice over low heat until almost all of the water has been absorbed. Remove the rice from the heat source, and while stirring rapidly, pour the egg mixture into it slowly. Ensure the egg does not scramble. Let the rice cool.
Take 1 tablespoon of rice and place a cube of mozzarella in the center. Cover the mozzarella using a second tablespoon of the rice and form a ball. Pour the bread crumbs into a separate dish and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
Heat olive oil in a deep skillet. Fry the rice balls in the skillet, turning them as needed to ensure that they brown evenly. Serve them warm.
Ratings & Reviews for Traditional Rice Balls
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!