Traditional Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME105 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday
- 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, uncooked and cut in half (9 halves)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 12 oz.(336g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 pound (454g.) ground beef
- 1 can (6 oz. or 170g.) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
How to make Traditional Lasagna directions
Cook beef in a skillet with butter and onion over medium heat until the meat is browned. Drain the grease from the skillet and add tomato paste, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper. Increase the temperature until the mixture is boiling. Then, reduce the heat and stir occasionally while simmering for 30 minutes.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, and basil.
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Cover the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with the sauce, followed by 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process. Then, top with the remaining noodles, sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
Cover the dish, place it in the oven, and bake it for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let the dish cool for 10 minutes before serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Traditional Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!