Traditional Fettuccine Carbonara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Carbonara
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) sliced bacon, cut in small pieces
- 6 eggs
- 20 oz.(680g.) fettuccine pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Traditional Fettuccine Carbonara directions
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes until it becomes crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a bowl.
Whisk garlic, cheese, and eggs together and place them aside.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until it becomes almost tender. Drain, but keep 2/3 cup of the water.
Place the pasta back in the pot, but remove from the heat. Add the egg mixture and bacon to the pasta, along with 1/3 cup of the hot water. Toss the mixture to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste before serving the fettuccine.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Traditional Fettuccine Carbonara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!