Tortellini With Italian Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Tortellini
- Ingredients: Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Beef Broth, Sour Cream, Sausage, Romano Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party
- 6 Italian sausages, casings removed and sliced
- 14 oz.(400g.) tortellini with 3-cheese filling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Tortellini With Italian Sausage directions
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sausage to the skillet and cook it until the sausage turns brown. Add garlic and stir the mixture for 1 minute. Stir in beef broth and sour cream. Boil the mixture 2 to 3 minutes until the liquid is reduced and becomes slightly thickened.
Boil salted water and cook tortellini in a large pot until it is tender but still firm. Stir the pasta occasionally. Drain the tortellini and return it to the same pot.
Add sausage to the tortellini in the pot. Toss the mixture over medium heat until it is well blended. Stir romano cheese into the mixture. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Serve.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tortellini With Italian Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!