Tortellini Soup With Spinach Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Tortellini, Soup
- Ingredients: Tomato, Spinach, Basil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 16 oz.(454g.) frozen chopped spinach
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 14 oz.(400g.) cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 can (28 oz. or 800g.) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Tortellini Soup With Spinach directions
Combine basil, chicken stock, spinach, and tomatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and drop in the tortellini. Cook the tortellini until they float to the surface, and remove them.
Place the tortellini in the chicken stock and simmer the mixture 3 to 5 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve.
More Tortellini Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tortellini Soup With Spinach
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!