Tomato Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 10 oz.(280g.) fresh tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 oz.(56g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Tomato Risotto directions
Preheat oven to 400°F(205°C).
Lay the tomatoes skin-side down on a cooking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a middle rack, bake uncovered until soft. Let cool. Chop and set aside tomatoes and their liquid in a bowl.
In a saucepan, heat the broth and reduce flame to a simmer.
In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add rice to coat, about 1 minute. Slowly add wine and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in 1 1/2 cups warm broth and the chopped baked tomatoes. Stir continuously until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender but chewy, about 10 minutes. Add the remaining 1 cup broth, continue to stir until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the rice is al dente.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tomato Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!