Tomato Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Tomato Polenta directions
Boil 4 cups of salted water in a pot. Add the cornmeal slowly and whisk the mixture 15 to 20 minutes until it thickens. Transfer the mixture to a 7 x 11 inch greased dish. Place the dish in the refrigerator and let it cool completely. Once the polenta is cooled, cut it into squares.
Place the polenta in a buttered sauté pan and cook the polenta until its golden brown on each side. Heat olive oil in a separate sauté pan. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Place the polenta in a platter, cover it with the tomato sauce, and serve.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tomato Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!