Tomato Mozzarella Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Tomato Mozzarella Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a skillet on medium heat, sauté the shallot and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until becomes soft. Add the rice and stir until translucent.
Ladle in 1/2 cup of the stock and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of stock and let it be absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup. Continue cooking this way, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes. You might not use all of the stock. Season with salt to taste.
Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add mozzarella. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve risotto on warm plates and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Stir in the squash and cheese. Season with salt to taste. Serve on warm plates.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tomato Mozzarella Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!