Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Whipping Cream, Egg Yolk, Mascarpone Cheese, Coffee Liqueur, Ladyfinger, Espresso, Rum
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1/8 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon dark rum
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound (454g.) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 7 oz. (196g.) ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
How to make Tiramisu Trifle directions
In a double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, 1/8 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/8 cup rum. Cook over simmering water and whisk until thick. Remove from the simmering water and stir in mascarpone, half at a time. Whisk until thick and creamy.
Using an electric mixer, combine whipping cream and 1/2 teaspoon rum and beat until stiff. Gently fold in the mascarpone mixture.
In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add the espresso powder and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir until the espresso and sugar dissolve. Pour in the coffee liqueur. Soak each ladyfinger in the espresso liquid and then press onto the bottom sides of a 7 cup trifle dish. Continue soaking cookies until the bottom sides are covered, then press soaked cookies onto the bottom of the trifle dish. Place 1 cup of the mascarpone filling over these cookies and smooth out to the edges of the dish. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of the chopped chocolate over the filling, top with more soaked ladyfinger cookies. Repeat with the mascarpone filling, 1/8 cup chopped chocolate, and soaked cookies. Repeat 2 more times until the final layer of chocolate reaches the top of the trifle dish.
Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours to set before serving.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tiramisu Trifle
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!