Tiramisu Sheet Cake Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Egg Yolk, Mascarpone Cheese, Ladyfinger, Espresso, Rum
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 pound (454g.) mascarpone cheese (usually 2 packages)
- 24-30 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated or shaved bittersweet chocolate
How to make Tiramisu Sheet Cake directions
Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and egg yolks on high for 5 minutes or until thick and light yellow in color. Reduce the speed to medium and slowly pour in 1/4 cup of the espresso, 1/4 cup of the rum, and the mascarpone cheese. Beat until smooth. This is the filling.
In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the remaining espresso and rum. Dip just one side of half of the ladyfingers in very briefly (don’t soak) and place them in a single layer at the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Cut them to fit if necessary. Spread half of the filling over this. Dip one side of the remaining ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mix briefly and spread out for a second layer. Spread out the remaining filling over this. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Using a sifter or sieve, dust the top of the tiramisu with powdered sugar and garnish with the bittersweet chocolate before serving.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tiramisu Sheet Cake
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!