Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Coffee Liqueur, Pound Cake, Espresso
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts, Ice Cream
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 frozen pound cake, 9” in diameter, sliced in half to make 2 layers
- 32 oz. (908g.) coffee ice cream
- 32 oz. (908g.) vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup espresso beans, ground
- 1 1/2 cups espresso
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate shavings (optional)
How to make Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake directions
Combine 2/3 cup water and sugar in a pot and heat over medium. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add Kahlua and espresso. Set aside.
Place one layer of the cake on a serving dish and brush with the espresso mixture. Cover evenly with 2 tablespoons of the ground espresso over this.
With an electric mixer, beat the vanilla ice cream until it is easily spreadable. Use a spatula and gently spread the ice cream over the bottom layer of the cake. Place the remaining layer of sponge cake over the vanilla ice cream. Drizzle the remaining espresso mixture over the top and freeze for 30-35 minutes.
Beat the coffee ice cream with mixer until it can be spread. Remove the tiramisu cake from the freezer and spread the coffee ice cream over the top. Freeze again for 30 minutes or until firm. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top before serving.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!