Tiramisu Cake Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Heavy Cream, Cocoa, Mascarpone Cheese, Coffee, Cake Mix, Coffee Liqueur
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Baking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz. (227g.) mascarpone cheese
- 1 package white cake mix (you’ll likely need eggs, oil and water also, according to package)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 large square of semi-sweet chocolate, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules/powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
How to make Tiramisu Cake directions
Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Butter and flour three 9” cake pans.
Following the instructions on the cake mix package to prepare the batter. Divide into three equal amounts. Pour one part into the first cake pan, another part into the second cake pan. Stir in the instant coffee into the remaining batter and pour into the third cake pan. Bake all three cakes for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of each comes out clean. Set aside for at least 10 minutes before turning out of the pans and cooling on wire racks.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur and the brewed coffee. Set aside.
For the filling, using a Kitchen-Aid or hand electric mixer, beat on low the mascarpone, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur until smooth. Cover and put in the fridge.
For the frosting, also using an electric mixer, combine the cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur. Beat on medium-high until stiff. Fold half of this into the chilled filling mixture and put back in the fridge. Set the remaining frosting aside.
For the tiramisu cake, place one of the first two cake layers on a round serving platter. Poke holes in the cake all over with a skewer, 1” apart. Pour 1/3 of the coffee liqueur/coffee blend over the cake and let it soak. Spread half of the filling over this. Place the instant coffee flavored cake layer over this and poke holes. Pour another 1/3 of the coffee mix over and then spread the other half of the filling over this. Place the last cake layer on top, poke holes, and finish pouring the coffee mix over. Use the frosting on the top and sides of the cake until covered. Use a sifter and dust the top of the cake with the cocoa powder.
Use a sharp knife and peel off “curls” from the semi-sweet chocolate square. Garnish the cake with the curls. Place the cake into the fridge and cool for at least 6 hours before slicing.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tiramisu Cake
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!