Three Cheese Macaroni Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Romano Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 14 oz.(400g.) elbow macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Three Cheese Macaroni directions
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook it 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes tender. Still stirring constantly, add flour to the saucepan and cook for an additional minute. Stir milk into the mixture and bring it to a boil. Cook the mixture 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes thick. Add cheddar cheese, romano cheese, and 2/3 cup parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Boil salted water, and cook macaroni 8 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the macaroni. Add the macaroni to the cheese mixture and stir it well.
Transfer the pasta mixture to greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup parmesan cheese evenly over pasta mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until slightly browned.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Three Cheese Macaroni
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!