Tagliatelle With Ragu Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME2 hours 20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Tagliatelle, Ragu
- Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Veal, Carrot, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Chicken Stock
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 16 oz. (454g.) tagliatelle pasta
- 32 oz. (908g.) veal
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 32 oz. (908g.) ground pork
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 8 oz. (227g.) tomato paste
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 16 oz. (454g.) ground beef
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Tagliatelle With Ragu directions
Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and onions and cook until soft.
Combine veal, pork and beef, and add to the pan. Cook until the meat begins to brown and add chicken stock to the mixture. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for almost 2 hours.
Boil salted water in a pot, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta and then add it to the sauce and serve.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Tagliatelle With Ragu
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!