Sweet Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Sugar, Salt, Butter, Milk, White Wine, Vanilla, Strawberry
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Breakfast
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2/3 cup arborio rice
- 1 1/2-2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 oz.(227g.) fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- Salt to taste
How to make Sweet Risotto directions
In a cooking pot, mix together 2 tablespoons sugar and the strawberries. Cover and simmer on low until the fruit is soft, about 2-3 minutes.
In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and sauté vanilla bean seeds for one minute. Add remaining sugar and rice to coat. Slowly add the wine, cooking until it’s absorbed.
Slow pour in 1/4 cup milk and continue stirring until the milk is absorbed. Continue this step, allowing the milk to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy, about 25-30 minutes. Add salt as needed. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter. Cover and set aside.
Ladle the risotto into warm serving plates. Spoon the poached fruit around the edges of the plate. Spoon the poaching liquid over the fruit and the risotto.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sweet Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!