Sweet Potato Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Salt, Chicken Stock, Sweet Potato
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, boiled and mashed to make 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
How to make Sweet Potato Risotto directions
Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent. Stir in rice to coat.
Mix in sweet potato and one-half cup chicken stock and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Repeat this step, adding one half-cup stock at a time, for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is almost tender and creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sweet Potato Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!