Sweet Pork Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME1 hour 50 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Egg, Pork, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Sugar, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Chicken Stock, Cilantro
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 16 oz.(454g.) ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1(28 oz. or 800g.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 8 oz.(227 ml. ) chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Sweet Pork Meatballs directions
Add tomatoes with juice, 1garlic clove, onion, chicken stock, and sugar to a saucepan. Start to boil the mixture, switch the heat to low and simmer the sauce as the meatballs are being prepared.
In a bowl, combine egg, the other 1garlic clove,cilantro, pork, salt, pepper and bread crumbs, ensuring the mixture is blended well. Form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the meatballs into the sauce as it is simmering. Cover the pot partially, and continue simmering over a very low heat until the sauce thickens and the meatballs are tender which should take about 1 hour 15 minutes.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sweet Pork Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!