Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto, Pasta
- Ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Butter, Sun Dried Tomato, Pecan
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2/3 cup drained sun dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds (908g.) skinless chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz.(454g.) angel hair pasta
- Salt to taste
How to make Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Pasta directions
Combine 4 cloves of garlic, basil, tomatoes, pecans, vinegar, and olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover the mixture and set aside.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and the remaining garlic. Cook until the onion softens. Add chicken to the mixture and cook it until the chicken is tender and has a golden brown color.
Boil salted water, add pasta, and cook the pasta until it becomes tender. Drain the pasta.
Serve with chicken and pesto.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Pasta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!