Stuffed Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Cilantro, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2 pounds (908g.) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (28 oz. or 800g. each) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz.(227g.) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Stuffed Meatballs directions
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook garlic for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes to the skillet. Season the mixture to taste with salt. While stirring occasionally, simmer the sauce over low heat.
Combine the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, cilantro, onion and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl and mix well. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
Put 2 tablespoons of the mixture into your hand, pressing a cube of mozzarella into the center of the mixture. Form a ball around the cheese. Continue the process until there is no meat and mozzarella left.
Add meatballs to the sauce and bring it up to a simmer. Cook the meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Stuffed Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!