Squid Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Squid
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 9 oz.(250g.) squid, cleaned, tentacles quartered, body sliced thin lengthwise
- 2 1/2-3 cups fish broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Squid Risotto directions
In a medium sauté pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add half of chopped garlic and oregano and cook for about 1 minute. Season squid with salt and pepper and add to the garlic with oregano. Cook until it starts to curl, only about 1 minute. Drain the squid and set aside.
In a cooking pot, heat the fish broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and remaining garlic and sauté until onion becomes tender. Add rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in 1/2 cup of broth, stir constantly, and cook until the broth is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and allow it to be absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup. Cook this way, stirring, until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. Mix in the squid and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Squid Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!