Squash Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME30-40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, White Mushroom, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, White Wine, Red Onion, Vegetable Broth, Butternut Squash, Portabella Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup portabella mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, diced
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 oz.(28g.) cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Squash Risotto directions
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender. Add in mushrooms and butternut squash and sauté until liquid disappears. Add rice and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add white wine and cook until it is evaporated.
Heat the vegetable broth in a cooking pot. Ladle in 1/2 cup of broth slowly. Reduce heat and cook until the broth is absorbed, stirring. Add more broth as needed to keep the rice covered by liquid and cook until rice is al dente.
Remove cooking pot from heat and add parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Squash Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!