Spring Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Asparagus, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Peas
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 8 oz.(227g.) asparagus spears, preferably thin, cut into 1” pieces, discard tough ends
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 oz.(112g.) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spring Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth, cover and simmer on low.
Steam or blanch the asparagus until still firm. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium and sauté the onion and garlic until onion is soft. Add the rice and stir to coat. Reduce heat to a strong simmer and slowly pour in the wine and allow the wine to evaporate.
Pour in one cup of the broth and, stirring constantly, let the broth absorb into the rice. Add another 1/2 cup and continue stirring. Stir in the asparagus and peas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and stir. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes total. You might not use all of the broth. Remove from heat. Add butter and cheese. Check the seasoning and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spring Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!