Spinach Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Spinach, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 20 oz.(560g.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup (4 oz. or 112g.) parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spinach Risotto directions
Cook the spinach according to directions on package. Drain well and let cool. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Slowly pour in the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is evaporated.
Add 1 cup broth and cook until it is absorbed. Keep adding broth, about 1/2 cup at a time until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is almost tender.
Add spinach. Remove from heat and mix in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in warm bowls and sprinkle Parmesan on top of each serving.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spinach Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!