Spinach Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Garlic, Spinach, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages frozen spinach, thawed and cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Spinach Polenta directions
In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add cut pieces of spinach to the skillet. Cover the skillet and continue cooking until the spinach is heated throughout. Blend garlic and salt into the spinach.
Boil 8 cups of salted water and, while constantly stirring, add the polenta in a steady stream. Cook the polenta for 20 minutes until it thickens. When it is cooked, stir in two tablespoons of butter.
Place the polenta into plates and top it with spinach.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spinach Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!