Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Veal, Spinach, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Diet Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck
- Holidays: Valentines Day
- Seasons: Winter
- Occasions: Cocktail Party, Sporting Event
- 1 pound (454g.) ground veal
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 26 oz.(728g.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 oz.(336g.) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spinach Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water 8 to 10 minutes (or until they are al dente). Drain the noodles.
In a separate pot, boil spinach for 5 minutes. Drain the water and squeeze out any remaining liquid before chopping the spinach.
In a skillet, melt butter and add both onion and ground veal. Sauté for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veal becomes tender and the onion begins to turn transparent. Add spaghetti sauce to the mixture, and continue to heat.
Mix eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and basil with the spinach, and season the mixture to taste with salt.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch dish, and layer 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the veal sauce, 1/3 of the spinach mixture, and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until there are no more ingredients.
Cover the dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Let the lasagna cool for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spinach Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!