Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Spinach, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Heavy Cream, Flour, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 24 oz.(680g.) ricotta cheese
- 24 oz.(680g.) fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Ravioli directions
Place flour on a board, mix with salt, and form a well. Add olive oil and 4 eggs to the well. Mix everything and add warm water as needed. Knead the mixture until the dough becomes smooth. Cover the dough and let it rest.
Cook the spinach with half of the salt in a pot of boiling water until it becomes tender. Take out the spinach from the water and let it cool 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the spinach and chop it.
Combine ricotta cheese, spinach, heavy cream, 1 egg, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
Split the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each of the pieces into a thin layer of dough. Put 1 spoonful of the filling on one of the sheets 1 inch from the edge. Continue placing spoons of filling along the dough 1 inch from each other. Place one of the remaining pieces of rolled dough on top of the first piece holding the filling on it. Pinch down the edges of the dough around the filling in order to create the ravioli. Using a knife or cookie cutter, cut the ravioli out of the dough. Pinch together the edges of the ravioli using the tines of a fork. Set the ravioli aside on a plate that has been lightly dusted with flour.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the ravioli to the boiling water. Once the ravioli rises to the surface, take it out of the water.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the ravioli and serve.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!