Spicy Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth
- Meal Ideas: Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/6 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spicy Risotto directions
Heat broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Stir in cayenne and red pepper flakes.
Ladle in a 1/2 cup of the broth and, stirring constantly, let it absorb before adding another 1/2 cup. Continue cooking this way and stirring until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on warm plates and sprinkle with cheese.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spicy Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!