Spicy Pasta With Basil Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Spaghetti, Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 10 oz.(280g.) spaghetti pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spicy Pasta With Basil directions
Boil salted water in a large pot. Place the pasta in the boiling water to cook for 8-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain the pasta.
Saute garlic and basil in a skillet with olive oil for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add green pepper and onion. Once the onion and green pepper are tender, mix in tomatoes and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
Stir the pasta into the mixture, lightly cover with parmesan cheese, and use salt and pepper to season.
More Spaghetti Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spicy Pasta With Basil
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!