Spicy Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 8 oz.(227g.) elbow macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon pickled jalapeño chilies, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1(14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spicy Macaroni And Cheese directions
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan add the garlic, onion and jalapeño and cook until the onion is tender. Stir in flour and while continuing to stir, cook for an additional 3 minutes. Stream in the milk, and while whisking, bring the mixture to a boil. Whisk the tomatoes into the mixture and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the oven to 375°F (190° C).
Bring salted water to a boil in a pot. Add the pasta and cook for 7 minutes, or until it is almost tender. Drain the macaroni well. Combine with the tomato mixture in a bowl. Stir the cheese into the mixture and move it to a 2 quart greased baking dish. Stir 2 tablespoons of melted butter and bread crumbs together in a bowl. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is fizzy and golden.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spicy Macaroni And Cheese
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!