Spicy Italian Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Sausages
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Tomato Sauce, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 1 pound (454g.) hot Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz.(227g.) tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spicy Italian Sausage directions
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion to the skillet and sauté it until it becomes clear. Add garlic and continue to sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
Add spicy Italian sausage to the skillet and sauté it until it becomes brown. Add basil, tomato sauce, and tomatoes. Toss vegetables with the rest of the ingredients and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Simmer the mixture 25 to 30 minutes uncovered until the liquid thickens.
Serve the sausage with pasta.
More Sausages Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spicy Italian Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!