Spaghetti With Veal Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME2 hours
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Egg, Veal, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Milk, Tomato Sauce, Bread
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 12 oz. (336g.) spaghetti pasta
- 24 oz. (680g.) ground veal
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 white bread slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 oz. or 170g. each) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Spaghetti With Veal Meatballs directions
Heat the oven to 450° F (230° C).
Beat eggs in a bowl, and add bread and milk. Let it stand for 4 to 5 minutes. Mix in 1 crushed clove of garlic, salt, pepper, veal and parsley, stirring until it becomes well blended. Form the mixture into about 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the meatballs on top of a greased large baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until it begins to turn golden and soft. Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil and bring the entire mixture to a boil.
Lower the heat, cover the mixture and simmer it for about 30 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Add the meatball to the sauce, cover and while stirring occasionally, simmer for another 50 to 60 minutes.
Bring salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain.
Transfer spaghetti to a serving dish, top with meatballs and sauce and serve.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spaghetti With Veal Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!