Spaghetti With Marinara Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Spaghetti, Marinara, Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Organic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 pound (454g.) spaghetti pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (28 oz. or 800g. each) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Spaghetti With Marinara Sauce directions
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion. While stirring occasionally, cook the onion until it becomes tender.
Stir garlic into the pan and cook for an additional minute. Stir in tomatoes with juice and boil. Lower the heat to low and cook 20 to 25 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
As the sauce is simmering, bring salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the spaghetti and toss it with the sauce before serving.
More Spaghetti Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spaghetti With Marinara Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!