Spaghetti Puttanesca Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Spaghetti, Puttanesca
- Ingredients: Fish, Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Black Olives
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 oz. (680g.) spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 oz. or 800g. each) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Spaghetti Puttanesca directions
Bring salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the spaghetti.
In a skillet, heat olive oil and fry the olives, anchovies, capers, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes for a few minutes. Add tomatoes to the mixture and bring it to a simmer. Continue to cook the mixture for 5 minutes until it is thickened.
Remove the sauce from the heat source. Add the cooked spaghetti into it and ensure it is covered with sauce.
More Spaghetti Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Spaghetti Puttanesca
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!