Smoked Salmon Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, Salmon
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday
- 3/4 cup carnaroli rice
- 4 oz.(112g.) smoked salmon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Salt to taste
How to make Smoked Salmon Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Reduce heat to a strong simmer and add one cup of chicken stock and, stirring constantly, allow the liquid to absorb before adding another cup of stock. Continue this step for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and creamy. Season with salt to taste.
Divide the salmon in half. Chop one part fine and one part coarse. Combine the finely chopped salmon with the remaining butter and stir until creamy. Just before the rice is tender, mix in the salmon/butter and another half of chopped salmon. Stir in the cheese. Warm the serving bowls before ladling in the risotto.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Smoked Salmon Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!