Slow Cooker Beef Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME12 hours
- Dishes: Dish
- Ingredients: Beef, Garlic, Basil, Black Pepper, Salt, Beef Broth, Oregano
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Slow Cooker
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic
- 2 1/2 pounds (1120g.) rump roast
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
How to make Slow Cooker Beef directions
In a saucepan, mix together beef broth, oregano, black pepper, basil, salad dressing, and garlic powder. Stir the mixture well. Bring the mixture to a boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes until the powders dissolve.
Season the roast with salt and place it into a slow cooker. Pour the dressing mixture over the meat. Add enough water to barely cover the meat if needed. Cover the slow cooker, and cook the roast on low 10 to 12 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours. When done cooking, the roast should be tender.
Remove the roast. Let the roast cool enough to handle. Leave the liquid in the cooker. Shred the roast meat. Place the shredded meat back into the cooker. Continue cooking the roast on low for at least one hour before serving it.
More Dish Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!