Simple Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME5 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 oz.(56g.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Simple Risotto directions
Warm the broth in a cooking pot and simmer on low heat.
In a saucepan, sauté shallots in olive oil until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat for 1 minute.
Stir in a half-cup of stock and allow the stock to absorb, repeat the step, a half-cup of stock at a time until the rice is tender and creamy.
Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Warm the serving bowls before ladling in risotto.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Simple Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!