Simple Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- 10 oz.(280g.) ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz.(227g.) cottage cheese
- 12 oz.(336g.) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Simple Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Put garlic, onion, and meat in a skillet with butter over medium heat. Season the mixture with both salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the meat is browned.
In a mixing bowl combine egg, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, basil, and salt.
Drain the grease from the meat and mix in spaghetti sauce. Stir thoroughly.
Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and evenly spread sauce at the bottom of the dish. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese, 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese, followed by more spaghetti sauce. Repeat the process until there are 3 layers in the dish, then top the lasagna with any remaining ingredients. Lightly cover the top of the lasagna with parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish and put it into the oven to cook for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Simple Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!