Shrimp With Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Shrimp, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2 cups polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 24 oz.(680g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp With Polenta directions
Boil 8 cups of salted water and whisk constantly while streaming in the polenta. Bring the mixture back to a boil. Reduce the temperature until it is just simmering and continue cooking for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. When done cooking, set the polenta aside and cover it with plastic.
Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until it softens before adding shrimp. Cook the shrimp thoroughly. Remove the mixture from the heat. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the polenta in a plate, top the polenta with the shrimp mixture, sprinkle parsley, and put in serving plates.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Shrimp With Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!